Write your project-specific Letter of Inquiry with these principles in mind:
· The name of the project and the amount of money you’re seeking, up front.
· Describe the project clearly and directly, with no jargon, in the second paragraph.
· Your organization’s mission statement.
· What is the need for the project? Why? Do you have a unique approach?
· Timeline for when will the project be implemented, and the methodology.
· The expectations and schedule for the outcome.
· Information about any funding committed already, within the larger budget.
· How this project and your organization fit the foundation's goals.
· Key staff and their qualifications (not your entire staff!).
· Contact person at your organization, in case the funder has questions.